This extensive preparatory course for the A-IPC certification exam is the perfect stepping stone to improve a candidate’s foundational knowledge, interest, and dedication to the field, and provide him/ her with the confidence to launch a career in infection prevention and control.
It is the ideal opportunity for novice ICP since there are no eligibility requirements necessary to apply for the A-IPC® certification exam.
are based on the content as outlined for the A-IPC® exam.
- Identify fundamental concepts of epidemiology and microbiology as they relate to IPC
- Practice critical thinking and management skills for engaging in:
- Standard precaution and transmission-based precautions
- The surveillance plan development and interpretation of surveillance data
- Outbreak control of infections (HAI) and case-finding methods
- Occupational health measures
- Safe care environment
- Identify and evaluate appropriate cleaning, sterilization, and disinfection practices
- Apply research, teaching, and adult learning skills
- Participate in quality performance/improvement
- Examine and investigate scenarios to practice problem-solving for IPC
- Understanding CBIC certification
- Building an IPAC program
- Identification of Infectious Disease Processes
- Preventing/Controlling the Transmission of Infectious Agents
- Occupational Health
- Management and Communication
- Education and Research
- Environment of Care
- Cleaning, Sterilization, Disinfection, Asepsis
Learning options range from completely classroom-based courses to interactive online live programs.
Courses could be tailored to fit the needs and schedules of group participants.
- Novice infection control practitioners
- Practicing infection control practitioners who do not meet the eligibility requirements of the CIC® exam
- Healthcare professionals (Dr’s/Nurses) who want to pursue a career in Infection Control
- Respiratory Therapist
- CSSD / Endoscopy staff
- Laboratory personnel
- Healthcare Risk / Quality & Patient Safety Professionals
- Staff Development / Education Professionals