The training course is structured to cover the advance concept for implementing best practices of sterilization services through presentations and case discussions. The course is designed to provide an overview of certification exam topics of Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) which provides the essential skills required to work in a Hospital’s Central Sterile Supply Department (CSSD). The trainee shall be exposed to the basics of sterilization, operations, and handling of sterilizers, documentation, quality control, and sterilization practices. The course shall also interlink CSSD & Infection control.
This training will be the principal guide for attendees to sit for the international certification exams offered in the field of SPD/CSSD, including:
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) by The International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM) now known as Healthcare Sterile Processing Association (HSPA)
- SPD Technician Certification Exam C.S.P.D.T
Becoming a Certified Sterilization Specialist helps demonstrate your competency to employers and commitment to “doing what’s right” every step of the way.
- To identify standards for the SPD and technician certification requirements
- To understand how to properly design the SPD
- To understand the principles of microbiology required for the SPD function
- To practice the methods for proper decontamination and sterilization
- To discuss the care and handling of flexible/ rigid endoscopes
- To list the different CI’s and their use
- To list down the different BI’s and their use
- To review critical issues when performing sterilization of immediate-use steam sterilization (IUSS)
- To discuss infection control standards, and auditing tools required for SPD
- To discuss the occupational health and safety requirements for the SPD personnel
- To discuss the importance of recordkeeping and tracking
- Understand the expanded requirements for ongoing quality assurance planning, risk assessment, and remediation; Updated requirements for ongoing practice auditing
- Regulations, Standards, and Certification for the SPD
- SPD Facility Design Requirement
- Microbiology Essentials for SPD
- Essentials of Chemical disinfection
- Cleaning & Decontamination packaging, Sterilization
- Sterility Assurance
- Endoscope Reprocessing Loop
- Immediate – Use Steam Sterilization ( IUSS)
- Infection Control principles in SPD
- Occupational Health and Safety
- A Focus on Quality Management in SPD
Courses are conducted via interactive online live programs lead by experienced instructors.
Courses could be tailored to fit the needs and schedules of group participants.
- CSSD Managers.
- CSSD Supervisors.
- CSSD Technicians.
- Infection Control Nurse and Nursing Administrator.
- Quality Managers.
- Allied Health Professionals with experience in the sterile field.