This course will look at the concepts and approaches to lab quality management, providing an overview of the useful quality improvement methods, tools, and procedures that are essential for your journey to achieve and/ or maintain accreditation.
Our Common Goal, Quality Excellence in Medical Laboratory Practice
This course explores the essential universal requirements needed to assure the quality of test results and ensure positive patient outcomes. It provides stepwise guidance toward accreditation.
What to expect from this course:
- Memorable and thought-provoking facts about quality practice in medical labs (Quality Partnerships, Quality Toolbox, Quality Manual)
- Modules backed by clear examples and recognizable scenarios
- Summaries, knowledge checks, and review questions to reinforce a key point
- Understanding Quality Management System
- Organization, Personnel, and Facility
- Document Control
- Laboratory Equipment Validation vs Verification
- Process management; quality control, quality indicators
- Information management
- Risk Management at a medical laboratory
- How to reduce Lab errors
- Principles of Lean and six sigma
- DMAIC, FMEA, process map, RCA
- Proficiency testing, audits
- Accrediting Organizations and international standards
- Non-Conforming Event Management
- Reporting Results
- Customer focus
Learning options range from completely classroom-based courses to interactive online live programs.
Courses could be tailored to fit the needs and schedules of group participants.
- Medical laboratory scientists
- Medical technicians
- Medical laboratory science students
- Pathology residents
- Laboratory Directors