Covers the basic principles of infection prevention and control that form the basis for the international recommendations for dental health care settings.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Provide basic infection prevention principles and recommendations for dental health care settings.
- Reaffirm standard precautions as the bottom line for preventing transmission of infectious agents during patient care in all dental health care settings.
- Access links to resources and source documents that can be referenced for more detailed background information and recommendations.
- Hand Hygiene
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Respiratory Hygiene/Cough Etiquette
- Sharps Safety
- Safe Injection Practices
- Sterilization and Disinfection of Patient-Care Items and Devices
- Environmental Infection Prevention and Control
- Dental Unit Water Quality
- Program Evaluation, Pre-Test, Post-Test
Learning options range from completely classroom-based courses to interactive online live programs.
Courses could be tailored to fit the needs and schedules of group participants.
- Dental hygienists.
- Dental assistants.
- Dental laboratory technicians (in-office and commercial).
- Students and trainees.
- Other persons not directly involved in patient care but potentially exposed to infectious agents (e.g., administrative, clerical, housekeeping, or maintenance).